Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Isn't it odd?

Does anyone else think it odd that Fog Creek has a great web-enabled bug-tracking system but don't make it available for CityDesk users to add bugs.  All we have is this crummy discussion board that disappears over the edge after a bit.

David Burch
Sunday, February 16, 2003

Sort of. I think we'd be adding the same 3 bugs over and over again and they'd have to weed through them.

They probably have alpha and beta versions "in house" that address half the things we say, so it makes perfect sense for them to control the bug tracking software and not us.

www.marktaw.com

The entire forum is searchable.  The Fog folks do track feature suggestions and bugs in Fogbugz.  They have a bug reporter and feedback form in CD itself.  They are really tight with their intellectual property and release plans.  Which they explain here:

http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/MouthWideShut.html

tk

Totally unrelated, but I was reading this thread when it happened.

UPN9 here in NY. interrupted a TV show that I wasn't watching (in fact I was trying to get on TVGuide.com when it happened) to inform us about the weather.

But for a split second when the "DAAAAH" chord interrupted the show and I looked up and saw the advisory screen I thought "My god they did it."

They should really think of changing their alerts to be less intense when people are already on high alert.

www.marktaw.com

I concur with David. Just because Joel prefers to keep his MouthWideShut doesn't mean that dedicated users have to be left in the dark.

1. Let us see what has been already reported and even be able to "vote" on features. On another point (question about Contribute) Joel said he didn't care about what his competition was doing, but what his customers want.

2. Let us see what HAS been addressed in the bug cue. Maybe even a dialogue about key issues, like "we're having trouble implementing this, and here's why." Maybe the users will offer a fresh direction which will solve the problem.

And the Discussion board:

1. The search function is very limited.

2. Why not have a full archive somewhere? It's still blizzarding outside here in NYC, and what better way to pass the time than to go back over past issues??

Amos
Monday, February 17, 2003

Well, I (and a few others) asked the same questions about communication and feed back several months ago and NOTHING came out of that. I still find it strange.

Jorgen Brenting

Isn't each post here a vote of one sort of another? I say "I want feature such and such" and there are 20 posts below it saying "I concur." Then Fog Creek will know it's a high demand feature.

If Fog Creek's communications model is "complete radio silence" I'll respect it.

www.marktaw.com

I find it hard to see the difference between radio silence and a black hole.....

I too would like to see that bugs are at least acknowledged. And I would very much like to see a next version of CD. I'm waiting for a VERY long time already without any progress for the users (hopefully this does not reflect the status inside fogcreek. I'm still hoping for something to come out).

Adriaan van den Brand
Tuesday, February 18, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home