Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Equivalent of ssi [!--#include file="filename"

I'm probably having a mental blank, but I can't see how to include a file inside another cleanly e.g. for a fragment that gets repeated on various pages.

The only way seems to be to create a loop with only one possible iteration, based on the filename, and use x.body

I was hoping there might be something based on the "magic name" that I could use?

Ed Lucas
Thursday, January 16, 2003

Ah, it looks like the answer is not to create an article that is used as a fragment but to create a VARIABLE instead!

Ed Lucas
Thursday, January 16, 2003

I surely hope there is a better method.

Some of us would like to include large HTML segments on every page, but I don't enjoy editing this later from a small textbox. For now, it's copy/paste to notepad and back, I guess.

James A. Kennemore, Jr.
Sunday, January 19, 2003

Until variable editing gets better you could use and unpublished article, "Variable editing file," to edit your variable.  Paste it into the variable when you change it.

If you use an html file to work on your variable, you even "Edit with" your favorite HTML editor.

tk
Sunday, January 19, 2003

I keep one temp article around for this type of thing. I keep it in a temp directory too that nobody sees.

I use it for translating between HTML & "Normal" for cutting & pasting into sidebar, extra1, etc.

www.marktaw.com
Tuesday, February 04, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home