Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

I deleted "index" and now...

I can't preview or publish.  I get these error messages:

Warning: broken link "PTMFOG0000000013" in file \Sections\Companies
Warning: broken link "PTMFOG0000000013" in file \Sections\Introduction
Warning: broken link "PTMFOG0000000013" in file \Sections\Resume
Warning: broken link "PTMFOG0000000013" in file \articles\And Now For Something Completely Different
Warning: broken link "PTMFOG0000000013" in file \articles\Test Article

I have another problem -- cant' tell if it's related or not.  I deleted a folder called "Seminary" and now I get this error message:

ForEach: folder "Seminary/Sections" not found (\index:527)

I deleted citydesk.xml off the target webserver, but it does not fix this problem.

Did I screw myself up irretrievably when I deleted "index"?  Is there a way to get CityDesk to "forget" about the Seminary folder I deleter long ago?

I'm confused!  (But starting to get the hang of it).

Craig Brooksby
Friday, January 10, 2003

You arn't in too bad a shape at all.

PTMFOG0000000013 is probably the magic name of your former index file.

I'm guessing that you didn't mean to delete the index file.  So if and when you create a new index (or whatever file you call home), you can just fix the links that point to the index.  There only seem to be 5 of them according to your error message.  If the index link is in a template, you can just fix it in the template (the beauty of templates).

As far as your deleted folder, you need to find and fix the script that uses it.  While the articles usually do fine if you move them around, the scripts aren't smart enough to know you changed a folder name or deleted a folder.

tk
Friday, January 10, 2003

Forget it -- I figured it out!  I had cleverly referenced the "magic number" inside a VARIABLE I had defined.  I went to my new "index", right-clicked on it, COPIED THE MAGIC NUMBER, then pasted the new magic number wherever I had referenced the old one.

It all works now.  Thanks!

Craig Brooksby
Friday, January 10, 2003

Craig-
your site is looking good so far!

Tara
Friday, January 10, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home