Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Changing name of "index.html"

I am now using City Desk to copy into a Zope environment.  Zope uses the file "index_html" as it's primary file for a site.  When I use City Desk, it creates the file "index.html", and the only way to refer to the site within Zope (as far as I can tell right now) is to add the file name onto the site (such as http://www.site.com/index.html").  If I go into Zope and change the file index.html to index_html, then I don't need the file name in the URL.

But of course, the next time City Desk updates the site, it writes out the file index.html.

So all I need is an option to change that file name.

I did search the help and you can change the file extensions within the Template function, so I suppose I could create a template specifically for the file, but then that would be double maintenance of the template content.

Anyone know if this is possible?

Howard Dunlavy
Tuesday, January 07, 2003

OK, I figured out to handle this in Zope, it was quite easy.  So I don't need this (rather obscure) feature in City Desk.

Sorry to waste space in this forum.

Howard Dunlavy
Tuesday, January 07, 2003

In case anyone else reads this thread. One work around is to use javascript to redirect index.html to another file in CD. So, put this in index.html:

<script language="javascript">
<!--

location.replace("foo.html");

-->
</script>

Where foo.html is the name of the gateway page to your site.

Bob

Robert Pawlak
Sunday, January 19, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home