Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Question about user base

Hi,

I was noticing the limited amount of postings on this discussion board and wondered about the number of people who use CityDesk.  Does anyone know (will anyone say)?

It doesn't really matter to me as long as it is enough to keep the product alive and evolving.  I think it is a great product and it has already saved me tons of time.

David Burch
Monday, January 06, 2003

I don't know how many but here is a list of CityDesk sites that folks have told me about so far, all kinds of them.  I'm sure there are many more:

http://tk-jk.net/city/Articles/OtherCityDeskSites.html

I think most of the earlier posters understand the product pretty well.  Only the Fog folks know the real numbers.

tk
Monday, January 06, 2003

Well, some (or most?) of the heavy citydesk users are waiting for the new citydesk version. I am just saving my breath (that is, fingers)... I'm sure the number of messages will increase very fast when CD 2.0 is released... ;-)

Adriaan van den Brand
Wednesday, January 08, 2003

It's a funny thing about support forums. If you set them up and there is no traffic it looks like a ghost town and potential customers tend to think that the product is no good or that the company doesn't sell a lot of the product.

Sometimes, the fact of the matter is, the product is good and doesn't need support - it's just good. Not all forums reflect the user base.

I set up a forum for my programs once and all my customers continued to email me questions. Also, my programs are very "tight" in what they do that there is not much to go wrong.

John

John Cesta
Wednesday, January 08, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home