Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Maddening issue with folder structure

Lets say I have two templates and two folders full of articles that use the two respective templates. I also have two languages.

When I preview and then go to the product pages, I am looking in C:\Documents and Settings\...\Local Settings\Temp\citydesk_1780\EnglishTemplates\English\Products
But when I go to look at COMPANY, it puts me in C:\Documents and Settings\tmattison\Local Settings\Temp\citydesk_1780\EnglishTemplates\Company

ARGH! When I use explorer to check things out, I find that there exists each a products and company folder in EnglishTemplates AND in EnglishTemplates\English

Why does one page point to the correct directory and why does the other page point to the incorrect directory? How did I end up with these two structures to begin with?  Links seem relative. I didn't do anything different in creating the company template than I did creating the products template. Please help!

Tara
Monday, January 06, 2003

I'm not sure what your problem is. Can you still navigate around the site properly? Does it publish to your server correctly? Does this problem only occur when you preview, or does it occur when you publish as well?

It may just be that one of those directories was created when previewing your whole site (from the main window), and the other one was created when previewing a single article (from the article window). Or not. I don't know.

Darren Collins
Monday, January 06, 2003

I'm an idiot. It had to do with ../ 's somehow being inserted in the html of the template of my initial index page. Stupid that I didn't check that first. Don't know how it happened though except that none of the other directories existed when I imported that page to turn it into a template EXCEPT the product section. Oh well, at least I figured it out this time.

Tara
Monday, January 06, 2003

Don't worry - we are all part time idiots. Thats why this forum is so great - someone is always up and running.

Jorgen Brenting
Monday, January 06, 2003

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home