Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Feature request

A killer feature would be to allow the user to generate a set of web pages for images stored on disk - like a web photo album.

To do this would require the ability to loop over a set of pictures in a directory and generate a page around each image.  With a little more sophistication, it should be able to generate 1 page for every <N> images, which would be a thumbnail page.  Also, the ability to specify the image size in inches or pixels would be great.

Bill Wood
Wednesday, November 14, 2001

And for full marks, it would be fantastic if it could extract EXIF info from jpg files that contain it (e.g. digital photos). I wrote my own Python program to do this exactly the way I want it, and before CityDesk came along it was looking like growing into a full-blown home-grown content management system. See www.pool-room.com for an example of what it currently does.

Darren Collins
Thursday, November 15, 2001

I would like to turn table borders on and off while in "Preview" mode. Just some button like the "Normal View" and "HTML View" tabs in the article editor.

A. F.
Thursday, November 15, 2001

I think this is a really good point. Even Joel uses pictures on his site that he created in photoshop. I agree that a feature like this would make it much more useful to people.

Rob Schlaff
Friday, November 16, 2001

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home