Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Tricks with tables

Just a little warning if you ever uses tables in the body of your articles. If you deletes something after/under the table and accidentally deletes the </table> tag, ALL the contents in the table are gone in a split second. Pretty sad if you worked two hours on the table and forgot to save the article before you deleted what you thought was a space after the table. Actually it's enough to delete the last > when in Normal View. Now you see it, now you don't.
SP3 where are you?

Jorgen Brenting
Tuesday, December 17, 2002

I don't think this will be fixed by SP3 if there were to be such an update. I think all of these problems are caused by the DHTML edit control that's in CityDesk. I know the Fog Creek guys are pretty unhappy with its limitations.

John Topley

Does Undo bring the table back?

Darren Collins

This seems to happen when you sticking images in a table.  One little backspace and your images are gone and undo doesn't help.

tk

The trick works "fine" with pure text too. You can see an example here: http://www.dinoland.dk/Artikler/jordensaldre.html
This table was gone with one backspace to many, and it took me a little while to bring it back. Undo did'nt help.

Jorgen Brenting
Wednesday, December 18, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home