Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

BUG in Teaser field

BUG: Formatting tags (FONT, B, P etc) once entered in the teaser field stay there whatever you do later. A font tag or bold tag can be 'overwritten' by a new font tag but both still exists in the field. A paragraph tag (P) can not be overruled by a new tag and you will se 'unexplainable' empty lines before or after your Teaser when you preview or publish. The P tag will stay in the field no matter what you do to erase it.

The unwanted tags can only be deleted in Access but not everyone would want that experience.

A SP3 is highly needed!

Jorgen Brenting
Monday, December 16, 2002

Until we get better editing for extra fields, we have to Ctrl-A and delete the entire field and start it from scratch.

tk

It's not enough, dear tk. The tags stays in the field. Try it and open the .cty file in Access and look for yourself if you don't believe me. Copy something formatted into the field and you can not get rid of the formatting again. The problem child is the <P> tag which can not be overruled by another tag later. :o)

Jorgen Brenting

Try this.  Position the cursor inside the "Extras" field.  Choose "Select All" from the "Edit" pull-down menu.  Then hit the <delete> key.

This seems to work for me, though I haven't examined the file using Access -- as you suggested.

Alex Chernavsky

I'm just dumb and happy, don't have Access, I guess I haven't done anything complicated enough to mess it up yet.  I'm sure I eventuallywill.

tk

Well, this isn't the end of the world, and I'm always glad to read tk's loyal and honest answers in this forum.

Jorgen Brenting

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home