Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Mutiple citydesk databases one site

Hi,
I encounterd a big problem by publishing my site.
I have set up 6 different citydesk files (databases) to form one site. The reason for this is that i have 6 different sections in my site with different menu structure. Therefore i created six different templates (can't combine them into one because of the limited function of the if statement).

I noticed when i publish the different citydesk content on one site the content of the other just published content is errased (because of the citydesk.xml ??).

Is there a way to automate the removal of citydesk.xml at publishing time??

Erik de Jong
Tuesday, December 03, 2002

You can also use 6 templates in one database. You might need a 'heavier' citydesk version though.

Adriaan van den Brand

Hi Adriaan,
Thanks for your contribution although it's not what iám looking for. Because of the limited funtion of if statement i have chosen to store the content of the six chapters in different databases with their own menu structure. I do not want to see the menu of the other chapters. If i could check for the current folder name in the if statement i would have had one database. But i'am stuck with this setup for now (till the new version off citydesk). Tried some JS but that's to complicated for the people who have to maintain the site in the future.

Erik de Jong

Can't you just put each of your sites into a different directory?  There'd be no .xml file conflict that way.

tk

TK has the right answer. Make sure you don't have all 6 sites publishing to the root directory - each one should go into a separate subdirectory (well, one site can still publish to the root directory!).

Darren Collins

Thanks TK this seems to work.

Erik de Jong
Wednesday, December 04, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home