Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Citydesk and clustered IIS

We are currently using Citydesk for our corporate intranet with users publishing via FTP to IIS.

We will be moving our infrastructure to a service provider who want to run the intranet on a number of clustered IIS boxes. The service provider tell us that there is a problem with the way Citydesk does it publishing when dealing with clustered servers - they say have confirmed this with MS. I don't have any more details about the supposed problem but think it may relate to all of the clustered servers having the same IP address?

Has anyone got experience of using Citydesk with clustered IIS?

Thanks

Iain Forsyth
Wednesday, November 27, 2002

CityDesk just uses FTP to publish, so if they reckon there's a problem, it's going to be bigger than just not being able to publish CityDesk sites. You'll have trouble FTPing anything to the site. That doesn't sound right to me.

I'd ask them for an exact explanation of the problem, so you can email it to Joel to get his comments.

Are they, by any chance, offering to migrate and maintain your intranet content for an additional fee? That could explain what's going on :-).

Darren Collins

Doesn't make sense. I am a Coldfusion host we have about 400 sites on NT4.0. FTP is FTP. Doesn't matter who or what is doing it. Com'n, it doesn't make sense at all. CityDesk doesn't do anything different that I can see. Maybe I haven't looked hard enough? You can even change the port and go into passive mode.

I'd get another opinion!

John Cesta

John Cesta

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home