Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Tables?

I need tables. Is there something I am missing in not seeing a table creator in the editor? It just makes the layout all that much easier.

Thanks,

John Cesta
Wednesday, November 20, 2002

No table editor that I know of.  What I do is make my table in an HTML Editor, then cut and paste the source.  Works well.  If you are using templates, you can link and edit directly in your favorite HTML program.  For articles, the cut and paste method is the only way I know of for now.

Jeff Kolker

Is there a source for "ready made" templates anywhere?

Thank you,

John Cesta

If you go to some of the "Tips" sites, they have a few links to ready made templates. 

Templates are pretty easy to make, actually.  They are just "shell" html files designed so that your articles fit within them.  If you want, take a look at my wife's webpage at www.faraspence.com

The menu, top logo, bottom text and blank page are part of the shell. 

Email if you have any questions....

Jeff Kolker

When I need a table, I do it in Front Page and copy it into an article.

Actually I've decided that that I don't need to do as many things in tables as I used to.

tk

There's a movement afoot to avoid tables for layout.  I'm not sure that I agree, but some people feel passionate about it.

http://www.davespicks.com/essays/notables.html

http://www.evolt.org/article/Tables_or_CSS_Choosing_a_layout/25/21429/

Alex Chernavsky

Tables are not the solution for everything, but I really, really miss them....

Adriaan van den Brand

Unfortunately, sometimes tables are absolutely indispensible. They may not be the best solution for layouts, but they are essential for displaying lots of tabular data.

I for one, would like to see some support (nothing fancy) for tables in Citydesk.

Bob

Robert Pawlak
Thursday, November 21, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home