Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

File Questions

Hi,

I want to use the free version for a while to make sure it fits with what I need it to do before I upgrade.

I can easily fit what I want to do into the 50 file limit.  However, there are extras (things not to be handled by CD) that I'm not sure how it would work.

For example, I'm going to have a forum.  Can I link to the forum (probably a PHP based script) through a menu item in CD?

Also, I'm going to have a number of downloadable products - how could I do that without going over my limit.  Again, this would not need to be handled by CD but I'm not sure how to implement it.

I'd have a menu item like "Downloads" and on that page I'd have the individual downloads.

Any ideas?  Is this possible without maxing out the free version?

Thanks for any comments.

Mark

Mark Singletary
Tuesday, November 05, 2002

You don't have to implement the things mentioned in CD. Instead you implement CD in your 'normal' site i.e. you upload the CD-files to a subfolder on your site. Works fine. You can have as many CD subfolders as you like, each containing less than 50 files. All links between the various sub-sites just have to be absolute

Jorgen Brenting

A site created in CityDesk can refer to files that may not be incorporated into the CityDesk site, but are still resident on your web server.  You can't use "magic names" to refer to those files, though.

Alex Chernavsky

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home