Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Feature Request = Link/Image Edit Properties

I have included a few links and pictures to my site with CityDesk and I don't see how you can modify them. You have to delete them and start again. Any suggestions?

Sylvain Marcotte
Monday, November 12, 2001

(looks like DHTMLEdit-laziness to me :-))

Leonardo Herrera
Tuesday, November 13, 2001

Thanks. Yeah I guess I could do that but
CityDesk claims the following:
"With CityDesk, people who don't know anything about HTML or web servers can easily add, edit, and remove articles from a web site, using a program that is as easy as a word processor"

So if I have to look at HTML code to edit some stuff, then it is not fulfilling its promises.

Sylvain Marcotte

I agree, I noticed the same thing - if I want to change the properties of an image I must delete then re-insert - would expect to be able to right-click and get properties.

Bill Wood

I think when he said "DHTMLEdit laziness" he meant *we* were being lazy, not you.  DHMLEdit is actually the control we are using to let you do WYSIWYG editing.

This is a great feature but so late in the beta, it probably won't make it into v1.0 since we are trying to fix bugs now and not add new features.

Keep up the great feedback though!

Michael Pryor

The best way to do it with with your favorite HTML editor.  That of course presumes you have one.  I use FrontPage.

Right-click one of your HTML files you can to edit and do "Open with-Choose program."  You'll get the "Configure open" dialogue box from which you can add the editor's of your choice, FrontPage or whatever.

After you've done that, when you right click an HTML or template file, you'll be able to "Open-with" the editor you just configured.  There are a few tricks to know:  My advice is to use the CityDesk editor to insert the picture for the first time then edit it to your heart's content in FrontPage.

Terry Kearns

Michael got my (pesky) comment :-)

(I'm implementing a program very similar to CityDesk (only smaller), and I'm using that blessing/curse that is the DHTML editing control).

Leonardo Herrera

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home