Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Sort by date and time?

I'm editing bunches of already published articles.  When I finish each article, I change the publish date.

I created a page to list the artcles
"SortDescendBy .fileddate"

I expected to see the last article I edited at the top of the list but I don't.  So I tried "SortDescendBy .filedtime" assuming that the time might include the date as well.  I think it does but that last article still doesn't appear at the top of the list.

So, I'm guessing that changing the fileddate doesn't change the filedtime.  Is that right?

tk
Thursday, October 10, 2002

Yes. A .lastedittime would be very nice. If CD would update the fileddate field, this would be a conflict with having the field editable.

Adriaan van den Brand

<A .lastedittime would be very nice>

Seconded!

James

That is very strange. I have a lot of "SortDescendBy .fileddate" pages and the last edited article always end on top of the list – provided I remember to change the filed date field.

Jorgen Brenting

I think that once you set the publish date for the first time, CityDesk doesn't change the publish time.  So, until you change the publish date, sorting by time works fine.

That is, the filedtime never changes after you save the article for the first time.  Changing the fileddate doesn't change the filedtime.

Of course, I may just be confused.

tk

TK, you write that you change the publish date... you might try to change the filed date... ???! (manually)

Adriaan van den Brand
Friday, October 11, 2002

Duh! How did I miss that!? Dumb!

thanks, all!

J.

James Roberts
Sunday, October 13, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home