Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Feature Request 2

Why can't I pick CityDesk in the programs tab of Internet Options as my HTML Editor?

Israel Orange
Monday, November 12, 2001

So far as I'm aware, you can't pick ANYTHING other than Microsoft products on this particular menu. I'm no expert, but from experience I had the same problem when wanting to make EditPad my default HTML editor and Windows was having none of it!

Greg Harvey

I mean from Internet Explorer, ie: when you click "View Source" of course. Not in the OS in general...

Greg Harvey

The option I'm talking about uses "File->Edit with $program". I don't think there's any way to change the behavior of "View->Source".

Israel Orange

And never mind, I see CityDesk in the menu now. I've restarted my pc since looking for it and not finding it, perhaps that was why it didn't appear?

Israel Orange

After getting confused by City Desk showing us as my default HTML editor, I wanted to know how they did it.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/browser/configuration/clientreg/clientregistrylayout.asp

Both the default editor and the view source editor can be changed by playing with the registry.

--Tim

Tim Randolph
Wednesday, November 14, 2001

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home