Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

index page hyperlinks

Using citydesk I created a template with an htm extension. However when I publish articles with the template the hyperlink generated on the index page points to html, although infact the articles are correctly published with htm extension.
I'll be grateful for suggestions on resolving this problem.

Sunday Edokpayi
Sunday, July 28, 2002

I just tried this - changed a template to .htm and did a preview.  It worked fine.

Links generated from the index page's script were to "filename.htm"

tk
Sunday, July 28, 2002

I thought I solved problem when I refreshed one of the headlines placeholders in the root index.html file and then all the published with correct extension (ie., htm). However after creating some new menu pages, including placeholders, the index.html page has resumed generating headlines with html extension when the stories were actually published as htm, consistent with the template.
I wonder whether is problem stems from having too many different loops on the index page - at present I've included 12 (ie. calling up headlines from 12 different folders).
I should be grateful for any help as besides this snag everything else is working well. 

Sunday Edokpayi
Monday, July 29, 2002

I tried it again on a page with 9 scripts like this:

<UL>{$ foreach&nbsp;x in (and(folder "Macslog")((keyword_contains "WW1")))$}
<LI><A href="{$x.link$}"><FONT size=1>{$x.Extra2$}<BR></FONT></A>{$next$} </LI></UL>

Worked fine.  I'm confused.

tk
Monday, July 29, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home