Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Another feature request

A lot of my pages are to include formatted code snippets. However, there is no way to change the font to use Courier (or at least be able to set the <PRE> tag) without going into HTML view, which I don't want to do in articles if I can help it.

TIA.

Tim Sullivan
Monday, July 01, 2002

I go into HTML view all the time for PRE code stuff. Lately I've been using TT because some sites I post to don't like PRE.

I also edit in DreamWeaver a lot and copy/paste the HTML into the CityDesk article.. DreamWeaver's spell check is much faster and it's much better at fine detailed formatting. Though nothing beats CD for quick and dirty publishing.

MarkTAW
Monday, July 01, 2002

I don't think you can avoid the HTML View in the current version of CityDesk if you want to do anything serious. It's necessary if you want to use headings, tables, <tt>, styles, and a stack of other stuff. But it works fine, so there's no reason to avoid it.

Darren Collins
Monday, July 01, 2002

And they have promised an updated HTML editor in the future... They just wanted to avoid it for this release because, well, some companies bread and butter is HTML editors, why should they put all that effort into something that isn't there core compentancy?

Whatever they do, it will have to remain MS-Word-User friendly.

MarkTAW
Tuesday, July 02, 2002

Darren: Yup. Hence the feature request. :-)

I understand that there are things I currently can't do, but since CD is so amazing, I'd love it to have some of the features of more powerful html editors. I'd love code folding in HTML view, not to mention colour coding.

I don't expect these things in a minor update, but they'd all be great for a 2.0 release.

Tim Sullivan
Tuesday, July 02, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home