Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Problem with Delete

I have configured a site for a client that runs on a MS IIS 5.0 server. At first everything works fine. Files can be loaded and changed. But as soon as a file has to be deleted the following error message appears: "Couldn't delete file. The server returned more information." This reads..." 550 /catalogeName/fileName.htm The system cannot find the path specified. The server can find the path when altering the file but not when deleteing it.

I've run the site on a Unix server and have had no problems in deleting. Whats going on here?

Andrew Scott
Monday, July 01, 2002

Any possibility that your default directory is different from the directory you're actually uploading to?

I.e. when you log in via FTP what folder is the default, and what folder is CityDesk looking for (look in "locations")?

MarkTAW
Monday, July 01, 2002

I'd bet on the default directory too.  This has happened to me on several servers.  I don't really understand what's going on (maybe someone can point to an explanation somewhere) but by fiddling with the default directory, I've made them all work.

tk
Monday, July 01, 2002

Thanks for your help. As you both said, putting the username into the subdirectory box in the Locations Window solved the problem.

Andrew

Andrew Scott
Tuesday, July 02, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home