Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Mac OSX Equivilant to CityDesk

I am swiching all my work to Mac OSX, is there an OSX equivilant to CityDesk out there?

MacFan
Saturday, June 29, 2002

I've tried to find a MacOS equivalent to Citydesk for 6 month, and I didn't succeed (I don't consider radio userland as a serious alternative).

there's at least one software family which has no MacOS product, and it's the one which would be the most useful to me :-(. I hope it won't last forever, but CD won't be brought soon, so said Joel.

you can run CD under virtual PC, it's perfectly stable, if you have a quite recent machine (on my "old" Imac G3-400 it's too sloooooow).

Vincent Benard
Sunday, June 30, 2002

That's the great thing about CityDesk, it has no equals.

I wouldn't call it equivelant, but have you looked at Manila? It's a Mac native program that was ported to Windows. http://www.userland.com

My understanding, which I gaurantee is 99% wrong, is that Joel and Dave (scripting.com) are sort of friendly competitors. Manila and CityDesk have overlapping functionality, though CityDesk is a million times easier to use.

Another option is Dreamweaver Templating, which isn't as robust as CityDesk, but if it's a templated site you want, it'll get you there. You just have to do your own navigation and add links by hand.

MarkTAW
Monday, July 01, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home