Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Publish articles on server for future?

Can you actually prepare articles in advance, publish them to your server but not have them appear until a certain date...automatically like when you are away on vacation?

Or do you still have to publish them manually for the articles  to appear on the appropriate date?

Thanks,

RR

RR
Thursday, June 20, 2002

You have to publish them manually.

If you can think of how you could actually achieve the first thing you suggested then we would consider it for a future version, but I can't think of any logically possible way to achieve that.

Michael H. Pryor
Thursday, June 20, 2002

Well, you could make a command line switch for CityDesk that would publish and exit, so you could run it from a cron j..., I mean, Windows Scheduled Task.

Jason DeFontes
Thursday, June 20, 2002

It would be great if a future version of CityDesk was build with an automation interface.  I think this was discussed several months back. 

Joel Goldstick
Friday, June 21, 2002

Thanks I guess I'll do this manually until it's built in.

RR
Friday, June 21, 2002

An automation interface might be nice.

The thing is, CityDesk is all client side and whats being asked for here is something that would require either an automation / scheduling interface for citydesk and leaving your computer on, or it would require - certainly in the way you phrased the question - server side support.

Robert Moir
Sunday, June 23, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home