Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Feature req. for DISCUSS.FOGCREEK.COM

Hi!!
Am a happy user (not too much at the moment, though) and I find the online community around the product at least as valuable as the product itself.... I find the "forums" full of interesting tips... but they dissappear from the bottom of the page, and that's it!!...

I was wondering, would it be possible to set some kind of "mirrror" or archive were past threads were kept? Even if they're "frozen" it'd be nice, and also a great way of having "a place to search or to point people to"... (a search engine would be favorite :)

Maybe I'm losing sight of something (yes, the search buttong gives us something like that, but headline scanning is very useful; topics "jump" at you)

Apart from that, a lovely great product

Javier Jarava
Wednesday, May 29, 2002

Check out the four links on the left side of the page...

Michael H. Pryor
Thursday, May 30, 2002

Despite the availability of some archives; I think there is much room for improvement. Why not using one of the existing forum systems (like ultimate or DCForum)?

I miss:
- new messages since last time logged on
- email notification on my subjects
- compete search (not just subjects)
- categories

The information in the forum is very interesting for me.

Adriaan van den Brand
Thursday, May 30, 2002

We had a discussion over at the Joel on Software discussion forum, regarding changes in the board behaviour, ie. how topics are sorted, archives kept and so forth. Read Joels answer regarding this at:

http://discuss.fogcreek.com/joelonsoftware/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=8502&ixReplies=12

Seeing it is the same software chances are what Joel thinks (and decides) for the Joel on Software forum is also going to be effective here.

Patrik
Monday, June 03, 2002

I bet some kind soul would even be willing to code it/set it up for him, wouldn't that kind soul . . .

A.
Wednesday, June 05, 2002

What I would prefer is for the "Fogpeople" to collect the gems from the forum and include them in the documentation of the next "big" release.  I'll bet they are doing just that.  I expect they will also document some very cool new features we haven't even thought about yet.

tk
Wednesday, June 05, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home