Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

In the Spell Checker

... there appears to be no immediate visual indication of whether a click (on anything other than the default selection `change') is successful or not. This causes me to regularly click again, only to find to my chagrin that both clicks take effect. This is particularly nattering when there is a long search for the next word.

IMO it would be (much) better if there was some visual indication that the Spell Checker was `busy'...

David Ness
Sunday, May 26, 2002

Spell check tough on long documents.

TK
Sunday, May 26, 2002

At least it seems to have some use for you guys, something I can't say. The website I'm building is in Dutch...

Is multi-language support already on the wish/todo list?

Adriaan van den Brand
Monday, May 27, 2002

Actually I am not much a fan of the Spell Checker, but as a terrible speller I tend to try to use all the help I can get.

And it seems to me to raise the question that haunts every integrated environment---i.e. CD's spell checking ability is always bound to `look bad' in comparison with `my favorite spell checker' whatever my current favorite might be. Similarly for editor, etc.

My preferred solution would be to make it easier to move stuff in to and out of CD. It seems to me that if this could be done, and done well, it might be an effective solution to much more than just the spell checker problem.

David Ness
Tuesday, May 28, 2002

There are third party spell checkers that have language packs that you can download... Perhaps CD should use one of those?

MarkTAW
Tuesday, June 04, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home