Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Feature requests

The more I play with CityDesk, the more impressed I get.  When I think of all the time I spent trying to get PostNuke to do what I wanted...  :-)  However, there's a couple of features I'd really like:

I find I'm using variables to "condense" some lengthy code.  Sometimes I'll only ever use a variable once.  This means I'm getting a LOT of variables, so it would be neat to be able to arrange variables in a tree structure to make them easier to find.

Have procedure calls/macroes.  For example, if you've got a really complicated tag/group of tags that's used several different times on each page, but with a couple of attributes changing each time, it'd be nice to go {$.formatOpen(5, #223322)$}Blah Blah Blah{$.formatClose$}, and have that be translated into the tags you defined with the atrributes passed.

Be able to define more "extra" fields.  If you actually have teaser paragraph, a  sidebar, and an about the author field, having only two spare fields is really low.

My apologies if I complained about something that's already implemented, I'm still learning.  :-)

Also, does anyone have any sample .cty files?  I'm just curious to see how other people have done some things.

Cody Hatch
Monday, May 20, 2002

.cty files available here

http://tk-jk.net/city/Articles/fog0000000010.html

Vincent Benard
Monday, May 20, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home