Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

CityDesk index.htm page

I have uploaded a CityDesk website as a my web's subdomain (in the domain I have a FrontPage web). But I can't see it at the convenient url, Why? Because it seems that CityDesk does not insert a index,htm or index.html file. At least in the correct subdirectory.

My provider has inserted a index.html test page and in fact I can see it!

Well, CityDesk does not create a index.html web page? And if it does so, where can I find it so I can copy or move  it in the correct position?

Alberto Trivulzio
Thursday, May 16, 2002

The site that is created when you hit the "New Site" button includes an index.html file (well, an index article which gets named index.html).  If you deleted that file, then it won't appear.

Customer Service
Thursday, May 16, 2002

Open CityDesk. Highlight the outermost layer of the file hierarchy (the top line) and then press the "New HTML" button. (You'll need to enable "Designer Mode" in the "View" menu.)

That will create a HTML file at the top level of the structure. Rename it to "index.html" and put in it what you think it needs to contain.

Steven C. Den Beste
Friday, May 17, 2002

If you're still not seeing an index.html file, you might be looking in the wrong place.

Joel Spolsky
Friday, May 17, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home