Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

File naming problem

I have an index file in the root folder and I aslo have a file called index in a folder called 2002.  When I publish the index file in the folder 2002 becomes index-2.html
The documentation infers that this shouldn't happen.  Am I missing something?
Apologies if this subject has already been dealt with, but I cannot find a reference to it here.

Nick Delany
Tuesday, May 14, 2002

I had this happen also some time ago and thought it was my own fault. Perhaps it's a sequence of events that causes it. I don't remember the details but I remember fiddling with the file name and the headline to correct it. I haven't had the problem since.

Stu
Tuesday, May 14, 2002

You most likely created in in the same folder as the other index article, then moved it.

Rename it to index1, and then hit enter.  Then rename it back to index and hit enter.  That will cause it to reset its internal "publish-as" name.

Customer Service
Tuesday, May 14, 2002

I had this problem a while ago, and the answer Joel gave me was as follows. This thread exists on this board, Terry probably has a link to it.

You may one day create a template that has no extention. You would then have a file called "index" and a folder called "index" and on some file systems this is a big no-no. SO... they have to rename the index article to something else.

MarkTAW
Wednesday, May 15, 2002

This may be the thread MarkTAW is thinking of, about files and folders with the same name:

http://discuss.fogcreek.com/CityDesk/default.asp?cmd=show&ixPost=2762&ixReplies=15

I got too confused to identify the subject of the post, so it's not in the tips page.

tk
Wednesday, May 15, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home