Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Feature request: customizable properties

I see several issues that show some limitations of cityDesk v1 properties. For instance: italics in title (title is not a HTML field); HTML in extra1 where formatting might not be wanted; background selection

My ideal: what if it where possible for the designer to specify the properties and add some if desired; E.g. Background. Or Extra23. And specify the type of field: text/date/html/listbox/picture/...

A similar mechanism could be used for CSS in articles; describing in XML (or other) that some styles exist and are replaced by either CSS or <FONT> tags.
Or for the fixed properties of images (e.g. border=0)

Tables could be handled in this way too: have 1 or 2 tables as specified in the design mode that can be used by end-users.

Adriaan van den Brand
Wednesday, May 01, 2002

This is definitely something we'd like to do.

Joel Spolsky
Thursday, May 02, 2002

If this feature were added, it would be useful to be able to reference those properties/extras in a foreach statement.

For example, if I've defined the properties price and color, and set those values for each article, then I'd like to be able to display a master list of article titles with their associated price and color ... and then link them to the actual article with the item's description, etc.

Scott Youmans
Thursday, July 18, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home