Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

{$x.headline$} link in Index.html

I created a site, and, because I was learning how to use CD, named the .cty file "testsite" .  Now I'm ready to publish, and want to change the name to the site's name, rather than "testsite.cty".

My first impulse was to start a new .cty file, assign it the actual name, and then copy the articles including INDEX.HTML from the "testsite.cty" to the new site.

Well, I gave it a whirl and discovered that when I previewed the site on my local machine the {$x.headline$} link in the "index" article has, in its path, e.g. "citydesk_1052" but all the articles have a DIFFERENT path, e.g. "citydesk_960".  Therefore, clicking on an article resulted in FILE NOT FOUND.  A preview of the "testsite.cty" site revealed that it has the SAME path as the new site.  My guess is because I copied the index file from "testsite.cty" to the new site, the new site {$x.headline$} link is pointing to the location of "testsite.cty"

A far easier solution, I now realize, is to simply rename a copy of "testsite.cty" in, say, windows explorer.  (You can stop lauging now.)

Nonetheless, I'd like to know if there's a way to force the path in the {$x.headline$} link.  Anyone know?

Cheers.

Gilles
Tuesday, April 30, 2002

These are temporary directories created when you preview on your computer. Do what I do and create a permemant preview folder on your desktop as another Location in the Locations dialogue box.

MarkTAW
Tuesday, April 30, 2002

Ah!  Thanks!

Gilles
Wednesday, May 01, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home