Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Save & close

Save & Close does not seem to "do anything" in either a template window or while editing index.html

u d a y i v a t u r y
Tuesday, October 30, 2001

Let me amend that.  Restarting CD made the problem go away.  I'll see if i can replicate the problem more reliably

u d a y i v a t u r y

one symptom which might help.  While the save and close did nothing, I did notice that the edit screens for html and template files were missing the usual set of menus.

That is, there was a space where the menus would have normally been drawn, but the menus were missing.

u d a y i v a t u r y

Uday,

I just fixed this bug yesterday in our copy of the source.

Restarting citydesk will fix the problem for the time being.

(It only happens with the html and template windows when you open and close them about 50 times).

Michael Pryor

"(It only happens with the html and template windows when you open and close them about 50 times). "

Wow... they get tired? :-)

Leonardo Herrera
Saturday, November 03, 2001

The floppy disk icon means one command on the toolbar and a different command on the menu, this is misleading.

Also, as a user I execute the "Save" command much more frequently than I execute a "Save and Close" command. Leave the "Save and Close" command under the "File" menu, and use the toolbar button for the "Save" command.

Alison Fish
Wednesday, November 14, 2001

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home