Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

countdown begins...

Tomorrow we'll finish off the few remaining bugs that we want to fix for SP1.

After that if there's any time left I'll do some of the low priority feature requests. But this is supposed to be a bug fix release, so don't expect too much! Just what I can get done over the weekend.

On Monday, March 11, we will release SP1 to a few beta testers and if all goes well we'll release it to the wide world next Friday, March 15.

I would like to take this opportunity to QUASH the COMPLETELY UNFOUNDED rumour that due to a technical error on the part of our system administrator, the version of the CityDesk manual that appears on our web site at http://www.fogcreek.com/CityDesk/help corresponds to SP1. This rumor is BASELESS and FALSE. All the GIBBERISH you find there about "if blocks" (http://www.fogcreek.com/CityDesk/help/Creating_Templates/fog0000000108.html) and these mystical new Article Names (http://www.fogcreek.com/CityDesk/help/Editing_Articles/HowArticleNamesBecomeURLs.html) are just SILLY SPECULATION not grounded in FACT.

Joel Spolsky
Thursday, March 07, 2002

I'm shocked, just shocked.

tk
Thursday, March 07, 2002

This is just hypothetical of course given the rumors.  If I name an article:

(This article's name is totally within these parentheses)

will I get "fog-##" URL's?

tk
Thursday, March 07, 2002

yeah.  but no zeros.

Joel Spolsky
Thursday, March 07, 2002

TK, you beat me to my question!! These will be auto-generated based on the folder, not site wide, right?

Wow. The documentation looks pretty thorough. I'm impressed.

Quick silly question, how did you control updating the help section without prematurely publishing it to your site?

Mark W
Thursday, March 07, 2002

Yah!  Way to go Joel!  Can't wait.... can't wait! :)

Whom does one bribe to land on the coveted beta list? :)

-- David

David Whatley
Thursday, March 07, 2002

Joel, you're beautiful.

Darren Collins
Friday, March 08, 2002

what are the features of sp1?

Frank Z
Friday, March 08, 2002

Another pure silly speculation from the current online documentation: we can read this in the cityscript chapter:

"Note that only articles directly under the named folder will be included. For example, if you have a News folder with two subfolders named International and Local, the condition (folder "News") will only get the contents of the top folder, not the International and Local subfolders. If you want all three, you can use or as follows:

(or (folder "News")
(folder "News/International")
(folder "News/Local"))"

It's pure rumor ;-) , but sounds like the limitation that obliged developpers to limit themselves to 2 terms in a condition is going away.

good news, err,  nice rumor.

Vincent Benard
Monday, March 11, 2002

That's right, OR and AND will be able to take any number of arguments.

Joel Spolsky
Monday, March 11, 2002

Yay!  A limitation bites the dust before I even knew it existed.... :)

David Whatley
Monday, March 11, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home