Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Deployment using Citrix Metaframe

We are think about using City desk for our intranet content managment - however we deploy all our software using Citrix (similar to terminal server) . I've tried the free version on Citrix and it seems OK.

Has anyone else deployed Citydesk in this way?

Would Fogcreek support this deployment?

Walter Alan
Tuesday, March 05, 2002

If it works with the starter edition, chances are excellent that it will work with the professional edition.

Even after looking at their website, I'm having a hard time figuring out what a Citrix Metafram really is?  Is it just a file server?

All support is done through this forum.

Michael H. Pryor
Tuesday, March 05, 2002

Citrix Metaframe is a higher-end competitor to Windows Terminal Services.

Mike Gunderloy
Tuesday, March 05, 2002

If the starter edition works, the professional edition will work fine, too... the only difference is a couple of tiny ifdefs.

Joel Spolsky
Tuesday, March 05, 2002

The way we used Citrix at out place was to run a few PC applications on literally thousands of X-terms.  It makes me wonder about licensing in such situation.

tk
Tuesday, March 05, 2002

It's an interesting question, although from what I understand Citrix is so danged expensive that to use it to avoid buying a few copies of the application software might be self-defeating :) The Fog Creek CityDesk license (don't quote me on this) says "use it like a book" - as long as there is NO possibility of two people using the same copy at the same time, you should be OK. Theoretically I suppose that you could set up a Citrix server with CityDesk installed on it and only allow one person to connect at a time, then have people take turns on it ...

Joel Spolsky
Tuesday, March 05, 2002

Hi,

I'm trying to configuring the SSL Relay in the SSL Relay Configuration program.
When i try to locate the key store location i get the message "failed to load certificate list from keystore". Only i can view the certificate on the IIS certificate detail page. I've exported the key to a .pfx file and then coverted it to a .pem file with the keytopem util. I also tried with .cer and .der certificates. No luck so far.
I'm kinda stuck, got any clues for me?
Thanks in advance.

regards,
                    Robin

Robin Kuipers
Wednesday, April 17, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home