Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

CityDesk would be perfect if...

It allowed HTML in the extra fields like it does in the articles.  Most articles I publish have side bars that point to external related articles or other types of links.  I can't do that with CityDesk right now.

Frank Z
Wednesday, February 06, 2002

You can. Just put your HTML piece in a variable and then put the variable in your extra field. {$.Variable$}

Stephan Brosinski

I'm confused. I thought all the Extra fields acted like the Body in Normal view. Adding a link should be as simple as clicking on the link button at the top of the page.

Look at the menu bar and see which options are grayed out. You should be able to do quite a bit of formatting in all of the Extra fields.

I have the opposite wish - I wish I could "view the source" on these fields rather than defaulting to the format view.

Mark W

I'd also like a HTML View of the extra fields. At the moment, I have to hit Ctrl-A Ctrl-C to copy the whole field, then paste it into an external editor, make HTML changes, and copy/paste it back into the field.

Darren Collins

The variable solution is inelegant because it places the content outside of the article.  I like to be able to access all of the related code in one place.  The external editor idea will work for now but it would be really nice to get an HTML view.

Frank Z
Thursday, February 07, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home