Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Overriding 'Never Publish After'

I'd like to be able to use 'Never Publish After' to specificy when articles appear on the front page but I'd like to be able to have a full separare index of them elsewhere.

What I'm trying to accomplish is this: I have a series of events. I want all events in the future published in a list on the front page. But I also want all events, past and future, listed on a separate 'All Events' page.

I suppose I could date the events by using the 'Filed On' field and then sorting on it, but I was hoping to do it without having to finesse the ''Files On' dates artifically.

Thanks,
Ethan

Ethan Henry
Wednesday, January 23, 2002

I use the FiledDate thing to do this, and it works fairly well. You can specify either "after today" or "after publishdate" in CityScript.

One problem I have is that you can't tell CityScript that you want all articles between today and one month's time, without explicitly writing the end date in your code. You've then got to remember to keep it updated.

I sort-of get around this by asking for the first 10 articles after today when sorted by FiledDate ascending. At least that way I don't end up with a huge list.

Darren Collins
Wednesday, January 23, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home