Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

HTML Files - including in City Scripts

Is there any way of including imported HTML files in City Script loops?  If not, can City Desk be fooled into thinking that an imported HTML file is an article, by doing some jiggery-pokery in the .cty file with Access/DAO etc. to give the imported files the appropriate properties that an article has?

In a common implementation I have 1000's of HTML files which are converted from Word using a product called "HTML Transit".  I currently publish through a custom .asp web-app which picks up meta-data from the html files to produce a navigation system.  If we could use City Desk instead, we wouldn't have to worry about web-server issues or train a client in the black-art of our web-app.

Cheers,
Max.

Max Hudson
Tuesday, January 15, 2002

Well, you could do jiggery-pokery in the .cty file -- you probably only want the <BODY> of the HTML to be including in the article body because the template will provide the rest.

Joel Spolsky
Tuesday, January 22, 2002

Thanks Joel,

Exactly what would we need to do to get the HTML files picked up in the City Script {foreach....next} loop.

I would like to propose this publishing solution at a team meeting in Feb. if I can get a demo working.

Cheers,
Max.

Max Hudson
Friday, January 25, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home