Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Image, publishing, and author issues

Hey, just played around with CityDesk for half an hour and have a couple of issues for you.

Images: I did a drag&drop of a picture into the main window and from there I was able to place the picture into an article (though not by using drag&drop, had to use the menu). So that's a minor usability issue.

More importantly: when I tried to set the size of the picture using percentage points instead of pixels, it didn't work. I had to go to HTML mode and do it manually.

Secondly: once the picture was inserted into the article, I was completely cut off from editing it in the "Normal View". Right-clicking on the image isn't very helpful, nor was the format menu context-dependent.

About publishing: My web site location only accepts secure FTP. Can CityDesk be set up to use secure FTP for publishing the site?

It would be nice to have the author information in a more structured form instead of freetext stored with each article.

Jan Karlsbjerg
Tuesday, October 16, 2001

Many good ideas, thanks!

We'll consider adding Secure FTP in the future. For now, I suggest setting up to publish to a file location, then configure your SecureFTP client as a web browser. That way when you publish using the publish dialog, it's one-click to upload the stuff.

Joel Spolsky
Tuesday, October 16, 2001

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home