Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Crashing!!

Crashing - I'm so confused:  I had to ctrl-alt-del CD three times tonight.  The last time, I was going to publish to a new FTP directory.  I was was about to add a new location and noticed that it lost a location I had set up this afternoon.  When I hit "Add" to set up a new location, CD went dead, the three CD taskbar icons went black, and I had to ctrl-alt-del.

So after starting up CD again I finally publish. It looks great.  I open Netscape Communicator to send my friend the URL and to find the link to the CD discussion - When I find Joel's email and click on the link to the CD discussion, Communicator crashes amd the two CD taskbar icons go black.  This time when I click on the now black CD icons, CD is still alive.

When I close of my CD tasks, Netscape Communicator works again.

I'm having a good time though.  I'm going to publish a friend's memoirs here:
http://tk-jk.net/Bridgers/

Terry Kearns
Tuesday, October 16, 2001

What OS are you using?

I don't think we have any conflicts with Netscape but it sounds like there's something problematic on your machine.

The shaggy dog is great! wake him up!

Joel Spolsky

I'm using Win98.  I may be wrong but something seems to funky about Netscape Communicator, Netscape Navigator and CD.  This morning I modified and published my site.  Every thing was fine.  (AOL is my ASP).  After lunch I connectd to AOL again, launched Communicator to check my mail and Navigator to read the forum.  Next thing I know, I'm dead again.  When I tried to shut down windows, another program went dead (one of these behind the scene programs that started with an "A" - I had to terminate that program so that the shutdown could complete.

I'll keep better notes next time so I can explain this better.

TK

Terry Kearns

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home