Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Smaller update steps faster ?

My wish would be for FC to add new features incrementally much faster then to launch "BIG Version Update " 2.0 sometime in fall 2002 or whenever, lets say feature-additions on a monthly basis - if code allows it. We had that experience with a different software package and developers loved it... our immediate suggestions :-)

1. custom extra field captions (a must to promote CD to clients while charging for template design and training, they won't touch it if they have to remember that "teaser" was meant to contain the articles picture illustration)

2. beefing-up conditional statements with the possibility to include conditional sub-folders, e.g. dependent on placeholders such as (folder content/{$.extra1$})

Great product - looking forward to CD becoming a suitable reseller/consultant product.

Patrick Thomas
telepark

Patrick Thomas
Wednesday, January 09, 2002

I don't want to make promises that we can't keep but along with some bug fixes in SP1, we are hoping to release some features which will address most of the "wishes" that people expressed in this forum.  Big stuff will by default have to be left for 2.0, but the small stuff should be packed in to the SP1 release.

Michael H. Pryor

Great, thanks for the quick reply. Add to that

3. CD user interface language customization capability (e.g. in German)

We could help somewhat... or do it ourselves if provided the facility within the CD package. As we say here, "one hand washes the other"... hhmm, should improve my english someday. Another "wish" :-)

Greetings from Munich (Germany)

Patrick

Patrick Thomas

We're also planning a release called "CityDesk 1.1" which is just CityDesk 1.0 with all the text pulled out into resources for easy localization, and some of our current internationlization bugs (mainly having to do with non Latin alphabets, bidi, etc.) fixed. No date has been set for that yet.

Joel Spolsky

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home