Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

the next 10

it is possible to limit output to the first N results. But how do you get the next 10?

Ruud van Soest
Saturday, December 04, 2004

To the best of my knowledge, you can't.

Being able to pick articles in a loop relative to the current article, either the 'next 10 articles,' or 'all previous articles,' or, not relative to the current article, to be able to pick  'article #25 through article #35 in(folder "Z")' are among my most-hoped for expansions in the next release of CD.

Hell with the next release, could we get a patch that adds these?

I have to say that after a year's time, I haven't used the much-hyped image editor  of CD2 even once, but I've had a need for the above-mentioned cityscript functions on a near-daily basis.

g

I see. So the next best thing would probably be to use a sensible after yyyy/mm/dd condition to split things up.

re: I haven't used the much-hyped image editor 

I agree, the next version should focus on enhancing the content management functions. We use CityDesk as a tool to enhance existing sites with cms functionality where  it is needed. For wysiwyg editing, image editing etcetera we use other tools.

thanks.

Ruud van Soest

I've clicked on the "documentation" link on the left of this forum, because I thought that the "previous link" and "nextlink" syntax could answer to the first question of this thread.

And I've been brought to the V1.0  documentation ! Did you say : CMS ? I suppose many readers looking in the docs through the forum will feel disappointed.

but if I remember, somewhere in the  (unfindable ?) 2.0 doc, there is something about using a number different of 1 in "previouslink" and "nextlink" loops. I'm not sure if it's what you were looking for.

@@ I've found the link before clicking "post" button:
http://www.fogcreek.com/CityDesk/2.0/help/Scripting_With_CityScript/LinkingtoPreviousandNextA.html )

brandt
Monday, December 06, 2004

No, I don't think specifying an number of items for the prev/next link tag does what I need. As far as I understand, the number you can specify just defines the number of items to include in the series that you can walk through page by page.

Well, at least I couldn't get it to do more than what it says: linking to the next and previous page. Inmy tests specifying a number even resulted in no link at all.

Thanks anyway.

Ruud van Soest
Wednesday, December 08, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home