Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

UI annoyance

This is about the 5th time I've tried to do something that should seem "obvious" to me, and it didn't happen, so I thought I'd mention it.

Articles have properties, yet with the right click menu, there's no choice for properties. It seems counter-intuitive to me (when not thinking about it explicitly) that I should need to edit the article to get at its properties. (And of course, being a keyboard junkie, I'm not actually using right click, but rather Ctrl+Enter).

I realize that changing a UI that's already deployed is probably also a bad thing, so I'm not sure what the right thing is here. :)

Brad Wilson
Saturday, January 05, 2002

That rang a bell for me.  I've got a bunch of articles, more than 50, and I need to make sure I have the correct keywords in each one.  It's a big pain to open each one individually.

I got part of the way with a "URL map" page here:
http://tk-jk.net/city/urlmap/fog0000000070.html  (I documented the script in the sidebar.)

That helped some.  But I'd like to see which template each article uses.  So, I need a CityDesk Placeholder named "{$template_name$}."

Any suggestions?

TK

I'll add those both to the wishlist.

Joel Spolsky

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home