Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Why CityDesk Rocks

The reason I purchased CityDesk is to maintain the web site for the Cornell Folk Song Club.  An organization I spend much of my spare time running.

While I was at home for lunch today I got a call about asking where to purchase tickets for our next concert.  The person had been to our web site and hadn't found the online order page.  That suggests to me that I need to rework the sites navigation; a project for another time. What could I do in the meantime?  A few minutes later I had links to the orders page and to the list of ticket outlets added to each concert detail page.

Total time from answering the phone to updated web site, less than 10 minutes.

Ken McKinney
Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I rocked two sites today. Both customers were tired of the old menu, wanted it moved, and were tired of the colors. and colors. Did both in 20 minutes.

Of course, they don't like the new menu and colors either but I don't sweat making these kinds of changes.

tk
Wednesday, September 22, 2004

I have a small site where I post travelogues.  I bought city desk to easily update the site. Once I configured CD and set up the templates its way easy and quick to post entries along with a photo - like 2 minutes. CD just gets the job done - if I had to ftp and then telnet and vi ... I just wouldn't do it..

Eddie Dickey
Thursday, September 23, 2004

One of my clients has just asked about a redesign.

With CD I only have to concentrate on the new design ... no frigging around with opening every single page (file) and search and replace inside every open file for all the different elements that have to change.

The client's not tied to me either. Someone else can create the new design - then convert this into the template to use in CD - and it's done.

And overhauling the content on the site: drop this article, drop this article, keep this article but rename it. Make sure the navigation isn't broke... CD enables us to update the site at decision time, not after 2 days of implementing the updates.

Dan
Wednesday, October 06, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home