Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

What do you get with a Contributor Pack?

Out of nowhere I have two folks who might want a contrubutor version.

If I buy a Contributor Pack, what do I get? How do I get it to my customer?

Can folks with the Contibutor Pack upgrade to Professional Edition if they want to?

Thanks so much.

tk
Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Fog Creek?

David Burch

Contributor pack gets you 3 licenses for the contributor version.  You have to have the professional edition already.

If the users want the professional edition, they should just purchase that.  Otherwise we would have to refund their contributor edition for them to get the professional.  There isn't an automatic upgrade path.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software

Thanks Michael but what do I "get" when I purchase a pack? Do I get three secret codes that I send to my clents that allow them to download the Contributor version? Or what?

I hadn't actually thought about upgrades from Contributor until yesterday. Maybe the last thing I'd want them to do is to upgrade and start screwing up the site. And, I'm sure upgrade processes mean work for FogCreek.

But, I'm thinking about the individual who'd really like to maintain his own site after I build it. That individual might get turned on and want the Professional version. Now he's paid me $100 and he'd have to pay $300 more to upgrade.

Just thinking.

tk

You can download the contributor edition yourself and you are responsible for getting it to the user.  If you want them to have their own order and access the software themselves, then contact us via email.

Michael H. Pryor
Fog Creek Software
Thursday, August 26, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home