Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Selecting words in the article editor

The CD editor seems to have MS Word's default behaviour when selecting more than one word -- jump ahead in steps of one word + one trailing space.

If there's any way of turning that off in future versions, I'll bet there are many CD users who would breathe a sigh of relief.  ;-)

M.

Michael O'Henly
Tuesday, January 01, 2002

That's supposed to make it easier to move or copy text, since you always move the space you don't end up with two spaces at the source and one space at the destination.

I discovered that dragging from right to left instead of left to right will avoid this.

Joel Spolsky

Thanks. I see what you mean about right-to-left. That's what I'll do from now on.

FWIW, if you double-click on a word, then selecting "Insert Link", you end up with a space on the end of your link.

In that case, Shift-left arrow before inserting the link deselects the extra space. But it's a pain...

Cheers.

M.

Michael O'Henly

Joel, could the "insert link" behaviour be changed to remove leading and trailing spaces from the selection while inserting the tags?

Maury Markowitz
Wednesday, January 02, 2002

It's probably possible. I'm not sure if this won't be even more confusing than before.

Joel Spolsky
Wednesday, January 02, 2002

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home