Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

meta tags in the pages

I dont wanna have the meta tags in my pages with the fog creek in it. Is that possible?

Appie
Thursday, August 05, 2004

You'll need to set up a script to post-process your output HTML files before they're uploaded to the server. It's a bit of a hassle - is there a specific reason you don't want those tags in there?

Darren Collins
Thursday, August 05, 2004

I would also be interested in learning how to implement a "script to post-process your output HTML files before they're uploaded to the server". I want to remove the Fog Creek meta tags to reduce the likelihood of competitors being able to reverse engineer my SEO network.

Groove
Friday, August 06, 2004

Maybe a tool like BKReplacEm - a regular expression based search & replace tool that can run on a whole directory - can be used on site creation. I don't know that this specific tool will do what you want (i.e. run silently from a command line) but it can certainly do a search & replace of the fog creek tags if you can set up the proper regular expression search & replace.

http://www.orbit.org/

(I'm sure a regular expresion guru could chime in on the proper search string).

www.MarkTAW.com
Friday, August 06, 2004

According to the help file it can run from the command line, and exit once it's done. :-)

www.MarkTAW.com
Friday, August 06, 2004

Oh..... it should be easy. Just put in a proprietary tag of some sort after the Title tag.

The have it replace everything between (and including)

</title>
and
<proprietary tag>

and replace it with just

</title>

If I had my RegEx Oreilly book I'd help you out.

www.MarkTAW.com
Friday, August 06, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home