Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

too little formating in citydesk?

I have this little website, http://capoeira.uchicago.edu , and it would be nice to citydeskify it so that people can add content/keep it up to date by simply editing articles and publishing. In my mind one article=one webpage (index.html, classes.html, about.html).

Problem is, I couldn't figure out how to set up templates so that html tags like h1-h6 become one-click things. ok, maybe I didn't spend enough time playing with citydesk but it seems like it should be possible to get the site into citydesk in a clean way (i.e. without having to put in stuff like margins and fontsizes by hand in every article, keeping the css file as it is...)... help?

Alvaro
Sunday, June 13, 2004

H1 - H6 aren't available in the article editor. (They have been asked for in feature requests,) But you can do font sizes, colors, bold and itallics.

I think you can do your site within those limitations with no problem.

Doing a sub menu as you do under "Gallery" might be a problem.  But it's do-able if you use a separate template for your photo pages.

tk
Monday, June 14, 2004

You can set up your templates to handle this for your. For example, you can have your headling formatted on your template as an <h1>.

I do this and use all the .extra fields, and then try and make the templates do all the formatting. This leaves you more flexibility in the long run, because you can change the formatting without having to edit any files, other than the templates.

Jim
Thursday, June 17, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home