Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Editing the Extras

I've noticed a slight issue with editing anything on the Extras tab of an article. If you were to copy some text from Word that had extra formatting, say the font is Arial and pasted the text into any of the Extras boxes, the formatting information would come along with it. Which is nice. Until you want to change it, which is almost impossible. There's no way that you can remove the formatting information from CityDesk UI. At least none that I was able to find. (If you know of a way, please let me know!)

I wound up opening the .cty file with Access and editing the Extras field by hand to remove the < FONT face=Arial > < /FONT > text.

So, can I add two more items to the list for the next release? Providing a mechanism by which a font can be selected and one by which all formatting information can be removed.

Thanks!

Peter Kropf
Thursday, December 27, 2001

What about "Edit->Paste Without Formatting"?

Michael Pryor

Yeah well, when you're used to pasting by ctrl-v and forget that menu option exists...

Peter Kropf

Yeah, I think it should be up to the form. If the field shouldn't accept styles, it should just drop them.

Now if only Outlook would do that... I've found every option that says "use plain text" and it still doesn't.

Maury

Maury Markowitz
Friday, December 28, 2001

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home