Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

New feature wish:

Being able to if required set a default template per folder, so that all articles in that folder automatically have the same template assigned.

Thank you.

Maurice Fäh
Tuesday, May 25, 2004

That's how Encore works. Please Fog Creek wake up!

Jorgen Brenting - CityDesk user from the start
Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Jorgen
We all want to see improvements to CD. I don't see how kicking them in the shins (or higher to be indelicate) will help. I think FC has been very clear in their stance that if you don't like the way they do things that it may be time to move on - but thanks for stopping by.
I'm currently having trouble dealing with the conflict that it's OK to slice and dice other products here but raving about them seems pathetic.

Maurice
I'm pretty sure it's already been asked for but that doesn't mean reminders are out of place.

Just my 2c
PNII

Perpetual Newbie II
Tuesday, May 25, 2004

PNII,
I'm not kicking anybody, but I am asking for signs of life from the depths of Fog Creek. I'm using CD a lot and that's percisely why I find it interesting to know just a bit about the future of my favourite tool. It's been a while since CD2 came out and there are A LOT of bugs in that. Actually I'm not asking for fancy new stuff, but I would like to see the bugs and their kin delt with. There is a natural limit to how long one can wait for errors to be corrected. I would hate to leave CD, but on the other hand, if it's dead there is no point in hanging around.

Jorgen B.
Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Jorgen
We're on exactly the same page. My sentiments to the letter. Guess my point was that even in (our) frustration FC is unlikely to change it's position and, although relieving to the soul, a quick kick to the crotch ain't gonna help. Using Encore as a means to an end will be just as fruitless. There is nothing to be done but either sit and wait <sigh> or move on.
PNII

Perpetual Newbie II
Tuesday, May 25, 2004

Exactly.

Jorgen B.
Tuesday, May 25, 2004

> I think FC has been very clear in their stance that if you
> don't like the way they do things that it may be time to
> move on

Who cares :-) ? They can say that again and again but we'll keep coming back to them...like terriers. And thats the way it should be...hit them and hit them hard (in a nice, creative way - they do listen). If they don't like it ? Who cares. But I bet they do. They do note competition. And their views are not rock-solid either (we are all human after all).

Mouth Wide Shut is always a nice read:
http://www.joelonsoftware.com/articles/MouthWideShut.html

Cheers

Patrick Thomas
http://www.telepark.de/webwizards/

Patrick Thomas
Wednesday, May 26, 2004

Patrick

Hmm, possibly but _I_ think Joel will pretty much stick to his stated policies.

... like Terriers
Dogs is a bad analogy to use with me, I don't have much use for them, Pit Bull maybe, naaa, them buggers are nuts.

Again, it's a waiting game ~ we wait, like dogs for a bone to stick with the theme although the CD I've got is still working just fine TYVM.
PNII

Perpetual Newbie II
Wednesday, May 26, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home