Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

why are my links always turning blue

Until recently, I enjoyed the fact that the links on this forum turned from blue to violet when I red them.  Lately this no longer happens.  Is something different here, or did I inadvertently change some browser setting?

joel goldstick
Wednesday, April 21, 2004

For me, visited links are purple.

George Illes

Or violet. Or whatever is the correct name for that purplish-looking color. But you get the drift.

George Illes

They turn back to blue (unvisited) if someone else posts an additional comment.  But this is how the forum has always behaved; it's nothing new.

link man
Thursday, April 22, 2004

Also until then number you have set in options for days to keep history of visited pages.

Ron Lane
Thursday, April 22, 2004

If you want to avoid this from happening, I would suggest putting the following styles into your HTML code. Feel Free to change the color definitions to suit what you want.
Also, other attributes to play around with for tex-decoration include overline, underline, none, etc, which can be sourced from a CSS library.

<head>
<style>

a:link
{
color: green;
text-decoration: none;
}

a:hover
{
text-decoration: underline;
}

a:visited
{
}

a:active
{
}

</style>
</head>

Kim Kariuki
Friday, April 23, 2004

I'm not trying to avoid the links changing colors in this case, it lest you know you've already been there, then when someone adds a post it lets you know again by turning back to blue.

Ron Lane
Friday, April 23, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home