Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Request:  Screensize warning

I don't think that the system requirements for CityDesk, as listed on the web, say anything about screen resolution.  However, CityDesk has a few problems when you try to use it at 640x480, mainly the fact that I can't select a template for my articles because that dropdown box is off the screen.

Fortunately, this isn't that big of a problem for me since I'm only stuck with this screen until my laptop returns from the shop.  However, it seems like it would make sense to amend the hardware requirements to require SVGA or better.

Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Sorry, but I  think it is a much better idea to buy new hardware.

The time they need to invest on this topic is worth to be used on much more important topics - okay, from my opinion

Kai Jäger
Friday, April 02, 2004

I wasn't suggesting that they make any changes to CityDesk to try to get it to work at 640x480.  I agree that any effort spent there is largely a waste of time.

I was just suggesting that they add a line to the system requirements on the web site.  They "recommend" a screen capable of displaying high color graphics.  I think that they should point out that while the high color graphics part is only recommended, you can't actually use the full functionality of the software on a VGA monitor.

Friday, April 02, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home