Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Webtrap

While running winME and pc-cillan98.  Now can not boot in save mode or normal mode.

I got a webtrap error and the status bar immediately goes blank and stops loading the other ICON's for the desk top.

I found a program that was suppose to fix the registery so my computer would boot normal.

The program name is "REGEDIT A:\EXEfix08.reg" .  This program is supposed to correct the registry and then you are supposed to reboot and all was supposed to corrected.

However, I downloaded the program twice and got a error stating that the program could not be opened.

Directions were to hold the control key down while booting the computer and that was supposed to give me a C:\ for typing in the fix from DOS prompt.  I can boot with a start up disk, but that will only give me an A:\ .  I changed to the c:\ prompt and followed the instructions and that is where I get the error message cannot open exefix08.reg.

Can someone direct me to a site for a fix that will work with this problem.

Thank you.

Bobby Epperson

Anyone have any idea how to remove the error in the registery in order for the computer to start.

"Bobby Epperson
Thursday, March 18, 2004

Search:

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips Webtrap

While running winME and pc-cillan98.  Now can not boot in save mode or normal mode.

I got a webtrap error and the status bar immediately goes blank and stops loading the other ICON's for the desk top.

I found a program that was suppose to fix the registery so my computer would boot normal.

The program name is "REGEDIT A:\EXEfix08.reg" .  This program is supposed to correct the registry and then you are supposed to reboot and all was supposed to corrected.

However, I downloaded the program twice and got a error stating that the program could not be opened.

Directions were to hold the control key down while booting the computer and that was supposed to give me a C:\ for typing in the fix from DOS prompt.  I can boot with a start up disk, but that will only give me an A:\ .  I changed to the c:\ prompt and followed the instructions and that is where I get the error message cannot open exefix08.reg.

Can someone direct me to a site for a fix that will work with this problem.

Thank you.

Bobby Epperson

Anyone have any idea how to remove the error in the registery in order for the computer to start.

"Bobby Epperson
Thursday, March 18, 2004

In view of the fact that you PC-cillin application has caused the issue you report I would suggest that you contact TrendMicro support line and have them help you to restore this problem you are experiencing.

http://www.trendmicro.com/en/support/contact.htm

David Mozer
Friday, March 19, 2004

There is a reference to it here
http://home.earthlink.net/~rmbox/Reticulated/4IE_Only/--ReadMe.txt

Here is a link to the reg
http://home.earthlink.net/~rmbox/Reticulated/ 4IE_Only/EXEfix08.reg

Note that the first link suggests renaming regedit.exe to regedit.com because part of the problem is that you cannot call .exe's

Lou Franco
Tuesday, March 23, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home