Fog Creek Software
Discussion Board

Knowledge Base
Documentation
Terry's Tips
Darren's Tips

Cannot get image to publish

Even after deleting all folders/files, including the citydesk.xml file, and republishing the entire site, there's this one thumbnail image that isn't published (although using FTP Explorer it appears the image is there; and browsing through my site host account it appears the image is there).  Anyone know why this happens? How to remedy?

Thanks.

George Illes
Friday, March 12, 2004

If FTP explorer says it's there, then it got published, right?

What makes you think it isn't published?  Do you get a 404 when you put the url to the image in your browser?

Lou Franco
Friday, March 12, 2004

The page has two columns of thumbnails. One of these is blank, with only an "X" displayed in the top left corner. Clicking on the thumbnails takes you to their full-size versions, with the exception of the offending thumbnail, which brings up the typical IE warning that says:

The page cannot be found

...Blah blah blah...

HTTP 404 - File not found
    Internet Explorer

Any ideas?

George Illes
Friday, March 12, 2004

I have read in these forums that sometimes a magic name gets confused if you have edited a picture several times, the solution is to delete the problem image from the cty file and put it back fresh, then copy the new magic name to the page.

Ron Lane
Friday, March 12, 2004

If you havent; figured it out, post the link

joel goldstick
Saturday, March 13, 2004

It appears the magic name was the issue. Not that it was a bug with CD. I have a table (of thumbs) in the sidebar, but because you can't view HTML in the sidebar, I create the table the article, then copy it to the sidebar. Problems occur, then, if you want to change the sidebar table contents. I copy back to article and adjust there. This back and forth leads to numerous <a href> tags that I thought I had deleted...blah blah blah.

Aaaaanyway. Ron, Thanks for the tip on checking the magic names. Doing so forced me to confront the raw HTML.

Joel, Thanks for offering to view the page. No need now. All is well.

Goodnight.

George Illes
Sunday, March 14, 2004

*  Recent Topics

*  Fog Creek Home